Thursday, December 6, 2012

Flying High Again!


I’m writing this up in the clouds; literally.  I've passed up and through the first level of clouds and now I’m passing straight through a second level of clouds. I say me because I have looked several times throughout this plane and no one else seems to be in awe but me.  Grace and Alexa are the exception since they are six years old today and are heading to Disneyland for the very first time.  However, their excitement is far more contained than mine.  I suppose it’s because grandma is sitting between them making sure that they stay as quiet as possible so as to not disturb anyone else on the plane. The mother across the aisle from them is in training mode also to keep her 6 month old baby quiet as well.  It is evident that we are trained from the earliest stages in life to contain our emotions. 

I am in the process of having to learn all over again how to feel.  It’s simple when life is grand, and everything seems perfect and happiness abounds.  But when heartache occurs, sorrow, anger, and a bunch of other stuff I don’t even know how to describe shows up at the door, the simplest thing to do is go numb.  It seems to be self-control at its best but I don’t think that’s how it was intended to be.  I’m still in training, but this time by my Creator.


I could care less that these people around me may think I’m an idiot for taking pictures out of my window with the biggest grin on my face and slow tears running down my cheek.  I am one sky closer to seeing the face of God.  I’m flying above the earth in the middle of still growing into the woman that I was created to be.  When I return to my chaotic ground in just a few moments, I think I will take with me a piece of this sky and share some of Heaven on earth.  How selfish of me it would be to keep all this to myself.  
Hhhhmmmm…. I wonder if that’s what God said when He decided to create this place?  

No comments:

Post a Comment